Sunday, July 12, 2015

Back to School Deals in Arizona

image found here

It has been a while since I have even visited this blog.  Much has happened and changed since I last wrote, however, that story is a whole other blog post.  I just wanted to share some back to school deals that are going on in the Phoenix area of Arizona for both teachers and parents who come across this post.


I am going to make my list by school supply type instead of each store and their deals.  This list is not all inclusive.  I have only included items that are usually purchased by classroom teachers over and over again.

*Office Max on Bell and 83rd Ave has their entire clearance section marked 50% off (reduction taken at register).  I scored a new X-acto electric pencil sharpener for $9.00. 

Pencil deals:

(Staples) Staples Pencils 12 count $0.68 (possible limit of 3, but may sell more to a teacher)
(Target)  Up & Up Presharpened Wood Pencils 24ct, 2 packs for $4

*You will notice that I did not include deals on mechanical pencils.  That is because I (and many other teachers) hate it when students show up with them, therefor, I do not find them useful to include on this list.  However, if you want to buy some mechanical pencils for yourself, 12 packs are on sale at Office Max for $2.00.

Marker Deals:

(Staples) Crayola Markers 10 ct.  $0.97
(Target)  Sharpie 4 ct.   2 for $4
(Office Max) Crayola Dry Erase Markers 4 ct. $3.00

Best deal:
(Wal-Mart) CraZart markers 10 ct. $0.50 each and no limit to how many packs.  I purchased 20 packs at the self check out without a problem.

Packaging Tape for Nametags:

(Office Max) Scotch packaging tape $2

These are the major deals of note that I have recently scored.  If you know of other deals in the Phoenix area, feel free to post in the comments.

Single Subject Spiral Notebook:
(Target) $0.25
(Staples) $0.25

Index Cards:
(Staples) $0.48

Glue:

(Staples) 4 pack staples brand glue sticks $0.25
(Staples) Staples brand white liquid glue $0.10
(Staples) Staples brand cap erasers pack (these suck in quality by the way) $0.25

No comments:

Post a Comment